Many of the Rhine River Cruises offer shore excursions to the Black Forest or Alsace region from the ports in Basel, Breisach or Strasbourg. But instead of joining the regular (cattle-car) bus tours run by the cruise ship company taking you to the ‘Cuckoo Clock Village’ which is set-up just for the cruise ship company, many people prefer a (private) guided tour. The advantages: you get to do and see things large bus groups can’t. You can void the most touristy places – if you want to. With us you can get off-the-beaten path and go where the locals go. And you can ask me as many questions as you like.
We meet you at the cruise ship port in Breisach – this is where our tours start/end. One thing to keep in mind – Breisach is a bit of a drive from the Black Forest, so depending on how we lay out the tour we will have anywhere from 45-90 minute driving time to get to the Black Forest
Half Day or All Day Tour
Depending on your ship’s departure time in the evening a Half Day Tour might be all you can do. But no matter how many hours you have to spend in our area, we try to create the perfect day for you.
How many people?
- The minimum number of people in your private group is 4.
- The maximum number you can bring is 15.
What’s included? And what is not?
- Private Black Forest tour with a guide, driver & vehicle
- We meet you at your cruise ship in Breisach
- Our Guides: Professional, English-speaking, Certified by the Black Forest Park Association, Members of the German National Tourist Guide Association (BVGD)
- Our Vehciles: Safe and Clean Vehicles, all vehicles pass strict mechanical inspection by the German TÜV (Technical Security Association), special passenger transport insurance, air-conditioning, non-smoking, mobile phone charger on board, umbrellas on board, bottled water on board, child safety seats, parking fees included, tolls and other road fees included, distance & fuel costs included
- Not included: lunch costs & entrance fees
Questions? Interested in touring on a private tour of the Black Forest? Contact us!
All Day Tours from Breisach (examples)
- Black Forest Tour – Active. We take you on a beautiful hike in the Black Forest mountains. We design the hike around your fitness level – it can be easy and short, or longer and more challenging. After lunch in a mountain cabin we take you to a glacier lake. Here you have plenty of time for a boat ride, shopping or tasting a piece of Black Forest cake.
- Black Forest Tour – Relaxed. A scenic drive takes you up the mountain. Here we will stop at one of the most picturesque waterfalls in the Black Forest. We take you to a mountain cabin for lunch afterwards. The next stop is a glacier lake. Here you have plenty of time for a boat ride, shopping or tasting a piece of Black Forest cake. Or simply sit in a beergarden and watch the people go by.
- Black Forest & Wine. In the morning we take you on a scenic drive into the Black Forest. At a glacier lake you have plenty of time for a boat ride, shopping or tasting a piece of Black Forest cake.After lunch we take you to the wine region. Enjoy a wine tasting at a local winery before we return to Breisach.
- Black Forest & Freiburg. We will take you on an easy walking tour of Freiburg, the capital of the Black Forest. Then we head into the Black Forest. At the glacier lake you have plenty of time to go for lunch, shop for a cuckoo clock, take a boat ride or simply enjoy a piece of Black Forest cake.
- Black Forest & Alsace. This tour involves a lot of driving but you get to see it all! We take you to one of the most picturesque towns in Alsace/France before heading into the Black Forest mountains in Germany. Enjoy an afternoon at the glacier lake before we take you back to Breisach.
- Personalized Tour. If you have anything specific in mind you don’t see covered in our regular tours talk to us! We know the Black Forest region like noone else and can most likely put a customized all day tour together for you covering exactly what you want to see.
Half Day Tours from Breisach (examples)
- Wine Region. We will take you to one of the sunniest wine regions in Germany. Explore one of the small cute wine towns before we invite you to a wine tasting at a local winery.
- Hike & Beergarden. Up for a bit of activity? We take you on a hike through the Black Forest ending at a typical German restaurant & beergarden. Great way to experience German culture!
- Town & Country. This pretty Black Forest town is often overlooked by tourist – experience like a local! We will then take you on a scenic drive up the Black Forest mountains to a restaurant with a view.
- Personalized Tour. If you have anything specific in mind you don’t see covered in our regular tours talk to us! We know the Black Forest region like noone else and can most likely put a customized half day tour together for you covering exactly what you want to see.