Greetings from the Black Forest! My name is Simone and I am a native German (native Black Forest Girl that is). After living in San Francisco for more than 15 years working for various tech companies I have recently returned to the Black Forest and settled in Freiburg. After the work-focused lifestyle in the US it took a while to adjust to the laid-back lifestyle of Germany. But now I am again accustomed to sitting in a beer garden discussing the weather and other important things in life. After my return to Germany I kept running into many English speaking visitors who had difficulty finding their way around the Black Forest. I believe this is because the Black Forest is primarily a destination for Germans. The few English language guidebooks you can get your hands on focus more on mainstream destinations in Germany. The Black Forest is not mainstream and a bit resistant to tourism, but so worth the extra effort. So I started my agency Black Forest Tours by locals focusing on English-speaking travelers who want to see the real Black Forest, as only locals can.
I think this area is one of the most beautiful holiday regions in Germany and a must-see for any visitor. Besides having the best food in Germany, the people in Southwestern Germany are also known for their distinctive accent, their friendliness (it’s the sun!) and their hospitality. After touring Berlin, Munich and other major cities during your Germany vacation come relax in the Black Forest. Even if it’s only for a day. I know you will not be disappointed. See you soon! Simone
What else is there to know about me?
- I don’t offer any regular scheduled tours – each tour is customized to your specific needs and wants.
- Most important: I will make sure you don’t feel like a tourist but rather like a friend who is visiting.
- If you don’t see yourself on a bus with 50 other people – I am the right person to talk to
- I try to design a stay that fits your particular travel style
- I am fun, outdoorsy and outgoing. And I speak English, too!
- I have lived outside of Germany for more than 15 years – and therefore know what to appreciate about Germany (and what not)
- I have worked in an international environment for many years dealing with people from all over the world. I am quite familiar with some, but not all cultures.
You are in good hands with me
- I have received 300+ hours of training by the Black Forest Park knowing many secrets of the area no travel book ever talks about
- I visit several tourism seminars and classes each year to be up-to-date on the latest happenings in the Black Forest
- I have an extensive network of people all over the Black Forest knowing the ins and out of this region. If I don’t know the answer, I can find someone who does!
- I am also an official & certified tour guide (there is only a handful of us)
- I am licensed and fully insured.
- I am an official Partner of the City of Freiburg
- I am a member of the German National Tourist Guide Association (BVGD)
- I am also a member of the Breisgau Tour Guide Club
Interested to see what people are saying who have toured with Black Forest Tours? …Read More