If you don’t want to worry about maps and hiking signs we can set you up with a local guide who takes you on a Black Forest day hike.
Our Guided Day Hikes are laid out as all-day tours starting and ending in the Lake Titisee area. Take the train (or car) on your own from Freiburg. Our hiking guide Viktoria will meet you at the train station in the mountains. You will hike one of the prettiest valleys in the Southern Black Forest. It is a very popular hike with locals. The hike itself is about 8 km and usually takes 5 hours to return to the train station. The hike can also be extended. Besides the classic, dark Black Forest gorge hike next to waterfalls, you get a lot of Black Forest history, a few touristy things, the oldest chapel in the Black Forest, the areas largest cuckoo clock and the option to have a beer in a typical Black Forest inn. This hike takes you down into a valley famous for its ancient mills that made everything from rope to spoons. You will see how people thrived hundreds of years ago. Your local guide knows the area like nobody else and has lots of stories to tell. You are in for a real treat!
The hike itself is about 5 hours, but you need to add some time to get you to the meeting point in the mountains and back into Freiburg. We recommend planning on a 7 hour round-trip from Freiburg.
- arrive in Freiburg before 10 AM
- take your car or a train to the mountains.
- You will arrive in a beautiful small Black Forest town where your local guide will meet you
- estimated hiking time: 5 hours
- return to Freiburg by train, or continue on and do some sightseeing on your own before returning to Freiburg when you feel like it.
What is included?
- 5 hour hike with a local guide
What is not included?
- train ticket from Freiburg to the mountains (45 minutes length one-way),
- good hiking shoes and other hiking equipment (poles, backpacks, waterbottle)
- food & drinks