The Black Forest Trail is a selection of the best trails the Central Black Forest has to offer in 2, 3, 4 or 5 day packages. We have carefully woven together the prettiest trails with the most dramatic surroundings and interesting sights. We added some special side-trails and local experiences. You will traverse many different select trails, including a portion of the famous Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Way.
- We Handle All The Detail
- Luggage Transfer Included
- Hotels included, Upgrades possible
- 4 days/ 5 nights, more/less days possible
- Detailed Route Descriptions & Maps
- We are only a phone call away
Lonely Planet’s calls our Black Forest Trail one of ’52 Best Weekends Away’:
Focus of Trail: German Culture, Nature & Towns
Our hotels are located in small Black Forest towns. Therefore this is a great tour if you are looking for the best balance of quiet time in nature, while also having time to explore beautiful medieval towns in the evening. The Black Forest Trail takes you off-the-beaten-path where you might hike for some time without encountering other people.
Latest comments from our hikers:
The first hikers of the 2022 season have shared their feedback with us. Here is what they are saying about their experience:
- ‘I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. This was perfect for my husband and I. Thank you for everything’.
- ‘I could not have dreamed up a more perfect adventure. I felt so immersed in the German culture and nature’
- ‘I was so impressed with these four days. the use of both GPS and paper descriptions were very helpful. I would highly recommend this if you are an experienced hiker and can do back to back long days’
- ‘This was a very special and rememberable adventure.’
- ‘We had a great time, the hike was awesome and we really enjoyed every second of it. This has been a bucket list item for a long time and you made it effortless to tick off’
- ‘We loved all the highlights you have added along the route, chatting to local farmers, enjoying beer and schnapps along the way really made it felt like a true Black Forest experience’
Too many km to cover?
The Black Forest Trail covers quite a bit of distance. Many hikers add-on a rest day in the middle of their hike: 2 days of hiking – rest day – 2 days of hiking.
If you like to sound of the Black Forest Trail, but have doubt you can cover all the km each day we have created an easier version of our popular trail for you. The Town & Country Package covers the same towns as the Black Forest Trail does. And you are staying in the same hotels. But instead of hiking from hotel to hotel you have the option to do a short hike (or skip the hike entireley) and connect to the next hotel by train instead.