Touring in the summer months instead? From April through October it is summer time in the Black Forest. Click here for an overview of our Summer Tour Itineraries
Good to know: in the winter months (November-March) the Black Forest is often covered in snow and a skier’s paradise. Many attractions (like the open-air farmhouse museum or the cable cars) are closed during that time. We are still out touring. Just make sure to dress warm and be ready for some rain or snow. Winter Tours are usually not longer than 5 hours due to the fact that it gets dark early. We usually start at 10.30 AM or 11 AM.
Tours from Freiburg
3 to 4 hour winter itineraries: Just-a-Driver Tours
- Waterfall Tour (3 hours). We take you to a picturesque waterfall. There are several fantastic photo stops to give you a good idea of the what the Black Forest has to offer.
- Hells Valley Tour (4 hours). The driver takes you through historic Hells Valley. Go for a walk in the real-dark Black Forest forest, watch a glass blowing demonstration or visit a clock shop. Then you have plenty of time to enjoy Lake Titisee before we take you on a panoramic drive back to Freiburg.
- Scenic Driver Tour. Drive on one of the most picturesque roads of the southern Black Forest with plenty of photo stops. A stop at a beautiful baroque church and an old mill, where you can taste some Black Forest ham, are the highlights before we take you to Lake Titisee.
5 hour winter itineraries: Just-a-Driver Tours
- Triberg Clock Area Tour. We take you to the clock area where it is all about clocks. Visit World’s Biggest Cuckoo Clock and Germany’s highest waterfall, visit the Black Forest museum. The drive to and from the clock area is very scenic and we have a few spots where we stop for picture-taking. (Please note that there is currently road construction on the way to the clock area – the drive to the clock area therefore takes 1.5 hours one-way)
- Picturesque Driving Tour. This tour is all about scenery – not too much activitiy. We only do it when the weather is fine – therefore you will also choose a back-up tour for when the weather conditions are not so great. We take you through the wine area where we stop at a beautiful old mill. A drive on the famous Panorama road offers plenty of good views. High above a resort town we stop so you can enjoy the views before we take you to Lake Titisee. Here you can grab a bite to eat before we take you to a beautiful waterfall and another gorgeous photostop. Not much activity but lots of driving -and lots of beautiful views!
- Scenic Tour plus Cuckoo Clocks. The driver takes you on a drive all the way up to Lake Titisee. We add a stop at a big cuckoo clock to your tour, a peak into the forest, a gorgeous waterfall and some other photo stops. This tour does not take you to the clock area (Triberg).
- Christmas Market Tour (Friday-Sunday in December only). Our driver takes you to one of the most beautiful christmas markets in the Black Forest (small entrance fee). We add a scenic drive on the Panorama Road and a stop at a beautiful lake. If it is cold enough you can even take a walk on the lake!
- Alsace/France Tour. Our driver takes you to two medieval towns across the Rhine river in France. Although it’s winter time you can still go for a wine tasting of the famous Riesling wines. If visiting in December a visit to a French Christmas Markt can also be included in your tour.