The Good Life Tour is for all those who want to (what else?) enjoy the good things in life! Food, wine, beautiful towns – all combined with a little bit of activity (but not too much of course!). We put you in 2 beautiful wine towns where you spend a total of 3 nights.We provide orientation to the towns, so you can explore further in the evening. The first day we organize a walk through the vineyards with several stops at local eateries where you enjoy their delicacies and a glass of wine. The next day we drive you to another wine town where you have the choice between 3 hikes – all between 5 and 10 km.
This wine area is a bit off-the-beaten path. We show you the must-see vistas, waterfalls undiscovered by the crowds, and local eateries not in any travel books. We even tell you where to find a local schnapps-fountain where the farmer keeps his privately distilled liquor cool for you to sample while stopping by. If you are lucky you will even happen upon a wine festival.
Is this a good hike for me? The Good Life Tour is a good package if you are looking for a combination good food and wine while walking through the vineyards and surrounding hills. The hotels are located in typical small Black Forest towns where you will feel like a local in no time.
You will receive all trail information and maps from us.
Please Note: Detailed information will be available by mid-April.
- DAY 1 (arrival day): Arrive in the Black Forest by train or car (the first town of your tour is located between Offenburg and Baden-Baden).
- DAY 2 (first hike): Enjoy breakfast and stroll through town. Around lunch time get on the wine trail – an easy and beautiful 7 km walk takes you through the vineyards. There are several stops during the tour where we invite you to enjoy a 4-course meal (each course is served at a different location) and a a glass of wine accompanying each course. All included with the Good Life Package.
- DAY 3 (second hike): transfer to the next wine town in the morning by bus. We take care of your luggage transfer. Choice between 3 premium hikes – all ranging between 5-10 km. Choices are a visit to a waterfall, a walk to some of the local schnaps fountains. Or another walk through the vineyards.
- DAY 4: (departure day)
How long? Depending on how much time you have available, we can organize a 2 to 4 day Good Life Package for you. Many visitors add on additional nights at the end of their hike to do some sightseeing in the Black Forest afterwards. Let us know if you have any special requests and we try to make it happen.
The Good Life Package: 2 days of hiking, 3 nights hotel
- start any day but Monday or Tuesday
We are working with several family-run hotels in both wine town. Choose between a typical Gasthof, a 3 star hotel or even a 4 star hotel.
- Accommodation for 3 nights (Gasthof, 3 star hotel or 4 star hotel)
- dinner one night
- 4 course meal which will be served to you during your vineyard walk – includes 3 glasses of wine and 1 glass of champagne
- luggage transfer
- Detailed route descriptions
- Maps of the walks.
- Additional nights
- Transfers from various cities by car/driver
- Travel to and from Germany
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses such as drinks, telephone calls, extra transfers (such as by taxi or when not included in public transport pass), tips, etc.
When to go
The Good Life Package is available from May to mid-October.
Arriving by plane? Nearest airports are Basle/Mulhouse and Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden. Frankfurt and Zurich are also a good airports to fly in.
Arriving by train? Please ask us if you need help with train connections. You will want to take a train to Offenburg or Baden-Baden, then switch to the local train get you to your first hotel.
Prefer a transfer? Since our company is located in the Black Forest we can also provide a transfer by car.
Arriving by car? You can drive all the way to Gengenbach and leave your car at the last hotel. Then take the train to your first hotel for check-in.
Make sure you have a travel insurance covering you against illness, injury and loss or damage to luggage. Ideally the insurance also covers the possibility of you having to cancel your vacation for any reason.
If hiking in the Black Forest is part of a longer vacation, bringing all your gear in your luggage can be a problem. Many of our hikers just don’t have space. That’s why we provide you with the option to rent a sturdy day pack plus hiking poles (official Schwarzwaldferein “Black Forest Hiking Club” equipment). The pack & poles will be waiting for you at your first hotel and will be retrieved at your last hotel. Bonus! If you would like to keep your bag or poles because they will be so cool to show off back home, we will equip you with a brand-new set of bag/poles instead.
- Rental cost: 25€ for the duration of your hike
A few weeks prior to your hike we will check in to see if this option is for you. And! Free! A goodie-bag will also be waiting at your first hotel with lots of useful stuff for your hike – a thank you gift from Black Forest Tours for hiking with us.