We try to provide the best experience for your money and our reputation is widely celebrated for that reason.
Be aware of scams. Driver guides and transport services of any kind are required by law in Germany to have a commercial passenger transportation license and insurance coverage for cars and passengers. You are in good hands with us. We are licensed and fully insured. ( Genehmigung nach §49 PBefG mit Mietwagen für die gewerbliche Personenbeförderung ).
What is included when booking a Guided Tour?
Included: Customized Private Tours
- You choose start & end points of your tour.
- You choose duration of your tour (4-8 hours)
- You choose themes you are interested in
- You choose activities you would love to do
- You choose sights you would like to see
- English Speaking
- Certified by the Black Forest Park Association
- Members of the German National Tourist Guide Association (BVGD)
Our prices are all inclusive. Our guides and drivers are paid by the hour. If you enjoyed your tour, our guides and driver certainly appreciate a tip – but it its not expected.
- Safe and Clean Vehicles
- All vehicles pass strict mechanical inspection by the German TÜV (Technical Security Association)
- Vehicles have passenger transport insurance
- Drivers have a passenger transportation license
- Vehicle we use: Volvo, Mercedes and Ford. (Some of our vehicles may have a logo – inquire about upgrading to unmarked or luxury vehicles)
- Air-conditioned vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted in our vehicles
- We strongly advise clients not to eat or drink on board
- Mobile phone charger on board
- Umbrellas on board
- Bottled water on board
- Child safety seats included
- Parking fees included
- Tolls and other road fees included
- Distance & fuel costs included
What is not included?
- Meals, drinks, some wine tasting fees may apply
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers/transportation to your chosen starting point outside of our area (Freiburg)
- Luxury vehicle upgrade
- Additional hours by request ( if additional hours are possible, the first 30 minutes are free, then we charge in 30-minute increments. these additional charges are to be paid in cash to the driver or guide at the end of the tour )
Common Mistakes & Wrong Assumptions
Book in advance! Everyday our doorbell rings by someone expecting a same-day tour. No one will be in the office. We are out touring and we are always booked-out in advance.
Assuming there is a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour. There are none offered anywhere in the area.
Assuming the locals speak English. Many do not, and many who do, don’t want to talk to tourists. Mass tourism has some negative side-effects.
Assuming the Maps on the mobile device will get you where you want to go. In large towns like Freiburg you are fine. But we have learned the hard way that maps on your mobile device will fail you elsewhere – usually when you need directions the most.
Assuming you know how to drive in Germany – and especially on the Autobahn, is a grave mistake. Driving is very serious business in Germany. If you are going to rent a car, drive in the right-hand lane, and please study-up in advance!
For more broader topics and interesting reading, we maintain a page for German people and their culture.