Our Freiburg & Baden-Baden Vacation Package is ideal if you want to see the Black Forest during the day – but prefer to stay in a larger town at night. You will be staying in both Freiburg and Baden-Baden. We will add-on a private Black Forest Tour with driver and guide to show you the highlights that lie between these cities. The itinerary is flexible – it is all about your priorities. We take care of it all – starting at 2 days/3 nights.
Available from mid-May to mid-October
- We Handle All Details
- Stays in Freiburg & Baden-Baden
- Choice of hotels
- Starting at 2 days/3 nights
- Add-on more days
- Private tour
- Lots of other options
- Add on a private guide
- Theme: easy & relaxed
Is this a good vacation package for me?
This is a good vacation package for you if you want a combination of both a large town (small city) in the evenings and some nature and quiet during the days. You will stay in Freiburg; a university town, where you have plenty of entertainment and restaurants. You will also stay in Baden-Baden; an ancient Roman spa town, with shopping, dining and a world-famous casino.
We will tour the Black Forest that lies between these two cities by private car. You have the choice to tour either with Just-a-Driver, or you can have a guide to to show you some off the more off-the-beaten-path sights.
If you like a combination of busy towns and time in nature – this is the vacation package for you!
- Welcome Package
- Accommodation for 3 nights in 2 hotels (upgrades possible)
- Experience 2 very different Black Forest cities
- Double Rooms with en-suite Bathroom and Breakfast
- Orientation walk around Freiburg
- Chauffeured or Private Black Forest Tour
- Add-ons: guided tour, walking tour of Baden-Baden, reservation at restaurants, chauffeur transfers to/from airports or other cities, additional nights.
Outline of our 2 Day Freiburg & Baden-Baden Package
Arrival Day in Freiburg Read More
- Arrive in Freiburg by train and walk to your hotel (or take a cab)
- Depending on the time of your arrival we will schedule an orientation walk of Freiburg on your arrival day (otherwise on the next day).
- Hotel. Your hotel is located in the old town of Freiburg, walking distance to all sights. Your hotel is within walking distance from the train station (15 minutes). Check-in after 3 PM.
Day 1: Freiburg & Surroundings – on your own Read More
- Early morning our guide will meet you at the hotel for an orientation walk of Freiburg.
- Spend the morning at Freiburg Farmer’s Market to experience local life. Option: add-on a Culinary Farmer’s Market Tour to taste some of the local specialties (tour not available on Sundays)
- Afternoon. Explore the nearby mountains. We equip you with all the information you need to get to the mountain by public transportation. Then take the cable car up to the viewing platform. Enjoy coffee & cake at a cafe or go for a walk to the sightseeing tower. Some people like to stay in town and enjoy an afternoon in the beergarden. Plenty of options!
Day 2: Black Forest Tour (private tour with car/chauffeur) – Upgrade to a Guided Tour Read More
- After breakfast our driver will meet you at the hotel.
- On your private day tour of the Black Forest you get to see some of the main sights of the area, including Lake Titisee and the Triberg Cuckoo Clock area. We provide you with all the info you need to tour on your own at each stop. With our info you are well equipped to know what to expect, where to eat and what to see. We provide you with several itineraries to choose from – you get to design your own tour based on your priorities.
- Add-on: have a private tourguide join your tour of the Black Forest to see some of the off-the-beathen path places tourists usually don’t get to see.
Departure Day: Read More
- Check-out at your hotel: 11 AM. Take a bus from town centre to reach Baden-Baden train station (alternative: take a cab).
- Option: Upon check-out store your luggage at the hotel. Then add-on a 2 walking tour of Baden-Baden and depart town late afternoon.
- Many visitors decide to extend their stay and stay another night in Baden-Baden to explore a bit more. If you are planning to visit the thermal baths in Baden-Baden we highly recommend an additional night.
Is this the right vacation package for me? Contact us for more information and help planning your Black Forest vacation.
Why not add-on another region or country?
After your stay in Freiburg & Baden-Baden we highly recommend to add-on a nearby region for more touring. We can set you up with an add-on package in Lucerne/Switzerland or in Colmar, Alsace/France. If you want to see more of Germany why not head to Munich & Neuschwanstein in Bavaria? Contact us for more info