The Black Forest Trail Package is available from mid-April to mid-October.
- Breakfast buffet
- Free public transportation pass while staying in the Black Forest
- detailed route descriptions & maps
- luggage transfer between hotels. Your luggage transfer is organized by us, Black Forest Tours. We ask you to use the luggage tags you receive at the beginning of your tour to identify your luggage. When checking out of each hotel please drop off your luggage at the front desk. The hotel owner will know that your bag has to be transferred to the next hotel.
- We can lend you walking poles & a backpack for a small fee. Please book either one when booking your hike.
- Travel to and from start/end of the Black Forest Trail hike
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance. Make sure you have travel insurance covering you against illness, injury, loss or damage to property and cancellations.
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, telephone calls, extra transfers (such as by taxi or when not included in public transport pass).
Lunch & Dinner
- Breakfast. Breakfasts are included with your booking.
- Lunch. Purchae a lunch package at the hotel, or grab a sandwich on your way out of town at the local bakery
- Dinner. All hotels have a restaurant on site also (not all are open every day). Most often there are other restaurants within walking distance of your hotel.
Navigation, Route Notes & Maps
You will receive detailed route notes and maps from us upon check-in at your first hotel. GPS data is also available if you are hiking with a GPS device.
Grade & Shortening Walks
Daily distances do not exceed 17 km. Have a look at the elevation profile images for each day – there is quite a bit of elevation to cover. There are some significant ascents and descents. Sometimes you have the option to shorten the route. The notes will mention bus stops and taxi phone numbers for that purpose. Public transportation is free using the Konus Card, which you receive at the beginning of your tour. You must pay for cabs – taxi cab rides are not included in your package.
We Recommend Bringing:
- sturdy walking boots and socks
- swim suits
- warm and waterproof clothes
- a day pack
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sun glasses, sun hat, sun block
- first-aid kit.
- Double Rooms. If you are booking a double room there is one double bed with 2 individual mattresses (not 2 twin beds). If you require separate beds we recommend booking 2 separate rooms.
- Single Rooms. If you are traveling by yourself we charge a single room supplement. You will either be provided with a single room. Or with a double room for single use – based on availability.
- Upgrades. All our hotels are small family-owned hotels. They are not fancy hotels, but clean and very friendly hotels. Most often you will meet some of the owners during your stay. Most hotels are either in middle of a cute Black Forest town, or within easy walking distance to the town. For a small upgrade fee we offer an upgrade in some (not all) hotels. If luxury hotels are important to you have a look at the Red Deer Trail Package instead.
- Bathrooms. All rooms have private en-suite bathrooms.
- Air-Conditioning. Summers can be very warm. Most hotels in Germany do not have air-conditioning. Sometimes hotels can provide a fan for your room. Usually the hotel owners will tell you to sleep with the window open during the night – this is very common in Germany.
Cell Phone Coverage & Wi-Fi
- Mobile Phone Coverage. Please note that the Black Forest is a mountainous area. Often there is no mobile phone coverage when hiking the Black Forest. If you require constant online access we do NOT recommend hiking the Black Forest. Consider staying in a large town like Baden-Baden or Freiburg instead.
- Wi-Fi in hotels. All of ourhotels have wi-fi but sometimes it can be spotty in your room – depending on the location of your room. If you require constant online access we do NOT recommend hiking the Black Forest. Consider staying in a large town like Baden-Baden or Freiburg instead.