Our Black Forest Vacation Package is the perfect combination of everything you need for a Black Forest get away. You’ll stay in 2 beautiful Black Forest towns. You’ll take a train ride on the famous Black Forest Railway. Our driver will chauffeur you to some must-see sights. And you will go on a guided hike (if desired). We take care of it all – starting at 3 days/4 nights.
Our vacation package is available from mid-May to mid-October
- We Plan All Details
- Stay in two Black Forest towns
- Small family-owned hotels, upgrades possible
- Starting at 3 days/4 nights
- Train Ride, Sightseeing and Hiking
- Lots of other options to choose from
- Add-on more days
- Add on a private guide
- Theme: easy & relaxed
Is this a good vacation package for me?
The Black Forest is not easily navigated by tourists because much of it is not made available in English – locals are resistant to mass-tourism and that is a good thing. Sure there is a lot of information online, written by other tourists. That should tell you if this is your type of vacation package.
Yes. There are some must-see touristy sights and you will certainly see them. But we also provide you with an itinerary for lesser known points of interest and off the beaten path experiences. We also empower you to explore on your own, with guidance.
If you like to explore on your own with the option to have some guidance if you need it – this is the vacation package for you
What’s included in our 3 Day Black Forest Vacation Package?
- Welcome Package
- Accommodation for 4 nights in 2 hotels (upgrades possible)
- Experience 2 different Black Forest Towns – one in the valley & one in the mountains
- Double Rooms with en-suite Bathroom and Breakfast
- Transfer between hotels by train & car
- Self-Guided Train Tour with lots of options to explore local sights
- Ride on the famous Black Forest Railway
- Private driving tour with our chauffeur through the Cuckoo Clock area with time to explore on your own
- Half day private tour with our driver (alternative: hike with our certified hiking guide)
- Telephone support during your stay
- Help with train connections
- Complimentary Black Forest Cake and Coffee
- Add-ons: guided tours, meet & greet by our staff, reservation at restaurants, chauffeur transfers to/from airports or other cities, additional nights.
Why not see another region or country?
After your stay in the Black Forest we highly recommend to add-on a nearby region for more touring. We can set you up with an add-on package in Lucerne/Switzerland or in Colmar, Alsace/France. If you want to see more of Germany why not head to Munich & Neuschwanstein in Bavaria? Contact us for more info
Outline of our 3 Day Black Forest Vacation Package
Arrival Day in the Black Forest Read More
- Arrive in the Black Forest by train. You are staying in a beautiful medieval town in the Central Black Forest. We equip you with all the information you need to explore this beautiful town on your own. Upon arrival take it easy on a walk along the river that runs through town.
- Hotel. You are staying in a small family-owned hotel in the heart of the old town. Option to upgrade to a beautiful 4 star boutique style small hotel in a restored historic building. Both hotels are within walking distance from the train station (15 minutes). Check-in after 3 PM.
Day 1: Sightseeing Day (on your own – by train) – Upgrade to a Guided Tour Read More
On your first day, we provide you with several options on how to spend you day:
- You can either stay in town and do nothing: just relax and take in daily small town life in Germany (which means visiting a beer garden or sitting in a cafe eating Black Forest cake) or
- Take the train (free) to the fancy spa town Baden-Baden and enjoy a day at the thermal baths or
- Hop on the train (free) and explore the area with one of our self-guided train tours (all info provided by us). Explore some lesser-known towns deep in the valley with options to walk up to a castle ruin. Visit a brewery to taste the local beer or head to a glass-blowing place where you can blow your own glass vase or
- Spend the day at the farmhouse museum to step inside an old farmhouse that has been untouched for hundreds of years or
- Go on a day hike – we provide all the trail info and hiking instructions, you cannot get lost. The hike we recommend is about 12 km long. You will takt the train (free) to get to the trail head.
- Good to know: today you can also opt for a Guided Tour of the area in case you prefer to have a local guide come along. The guide will pick you up by car – the most comfortable way to explore. Please ask us for more details on upgrading to a Guided Tour
Day 2: Changing towns & hotels (on your own – by train & private car) – Upgrade to a Guided Tour Read More
- After breakfast it is time to say good-bye to this beautiful town in the valley. We recommend to take it easy in the morning and take off from the hotel by 10.30 AM. With your luggage you will take a train ride on one of the most famous train lines in Germany: the Black Forest Railway. For an hour you will ride the train through breathtaking scenery passing by a castle ruin and through many small towns. Our driver is waiting for you when you get off the train. Your tour with our driver now offers lots of options – roads not traveled by tourists – you are in for a treat! Our driver takes you to the cuckoo clock area where you have time to explore on your own after a photostop at Worlds Largest Cuckoo Clock. We will certainly customize the driving tour for you – many visitors want to spend some time a the German Clock Museum, others prefer a visit to one of the most romantic old Black Forest mills or a visit to a sightseeing tower. The tour ends at your next hotel(if you want to tour longer you can certainly add-on more hours. Or we can drop you off at Lake Titisee from where you can easily connect to your hotel – talk to us about the various options)
- Upgrade! Today is also a good day to upgrade to a Guided Tour. In that case our Guide will meet you at your hotel in the morning. From here you will be touring to your next hotel in the Southern Black Forest on a private tour. A beautiful drive with plenty of stops passing through the clock area and the Panorama Road. If desired we can also include a ride on the famous Black Forest Railway – talk to us about all the options.
- Your tour ends in a small mountain town at small family-owned hotel. Hotel Options: Stay in a traditional hotel in the middle of town. Or upgrade to a 4 star spa hotel with pool and gourmet restaurant.
Day 3: Sightseeing Day (private half day tour) Read More
Today you have 2 options to choose from. Both include a private half day tour with us.
- Option 1 – Our driver will take you on a half day driving tour with several stops where you have time to explore on your own. Add-on more hours to your driving tour if desired. Or – if you are an active person – you might enjoy
- Option 2. We set you up with a private hiking guide who takes you on a half day hiking tour covering 8 km of trails. (upgrade to a full day hiking tour possible if desired)
- Afternoon free to enjoy on your own. Your package comes with free entrance to many sights in the Black Forest, we provide you with plenty of information to explore on your own. Or just relax in town and go enjoy a piece of Black Forest cake!
Departure Day Read More
- Most visitors decide to extend their stay and stay another night in this town to explore a bit more.
- Check-out time at your hotel is 11 AM. At this time you will take the train to Freiburg where your Black Forest vacation ends. You can opt for a walking tour of Freiburg, a visit to the beergarden or even extend your stay and stay in Freiburg for the night. There are many options to choose from – talk to us!
- From Freiburg you can easily connect to other destinations in Germany, France or Switzerland. We assist with train schedules.
Is this the right vacation package for me? Contact us for more information and help planning your Black Forest vacation.